Published May 20, 2020
MacEwen – Reopening its Home Comfort Centers
Following the recent announcements from the Ontario Government, MacEwen has reopened its Home Comfort Centers to the public with regular business hours. To ensure the well-being of our customers and employees we’ve implemented the following measures:
- Customers will be asked to use hand sanitizer as they enter the office;
- Only one customer at a time will be allowed in the office;
- Customers are to remain behind the protective screens;
- Customers and employees must maintain social distancing;
- Anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted in the office.
In addition to our Home Comfort Centers, our network of Retail Convenience Stores and Service Stations are also returning to regular business hours.
As our community is slowly reopening, we will continue to follow the recommendations of the Government of Canada Public Health Office. We appreciate the continued patience and support from everyone in the communities we serve.
Published March 18, 2020
MacEwen Petroleum Inc. – Committed to Your Health & Safety
In light of the current events regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we at MacEwen Petroleum Inc., would like to reassure our employees, our customers and our vendors that we are closely monitoring the situation and are taking all necessary precautions to prevent the spread of this virus.
Resilient health and safety measures have been implemented by MacEwen Petroleum in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These measures are precautionary to reduce any potential risk to anyone. As the situation evolves, we continue to monitor and follow the recommendation of the Government of Canada Public Health Office. These policies and procedures include:
- Providing sanitizing-type kits (hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes, etc.) for our Retail Convenience Stores and Service Stations;
- Restricting in-person contact between employees and customers to a bare minimum;
- Enforcing precautionary cleaning and disinfecting measures for our offices, retail and commercial sites, fleet trucks and other relevant locations;
- Implementing remote-access procedures for all employees to work from home;
- Imposing strict quarantine procedures for employees who have travelled outside of the Country.
We recognize that our products and services are essential to everyday life therefore please be assured that while adhering to Health Canada guidelines, we will continue to do our work professionally to ensure uninterrupted and quality service is provided to everyone.
In order to emphasis social distancing, our Head Office and Home Comfort Centers are presently closed to the public. Although our employees are working remotely, they will continue to provide services to our customers. All calls and inquiries will be answered as quickly as possible. Rest assured that fuel and lubricant deliveries to our residential, commercial and agricultural clients will proceed as scheduled until further notice.
At the present time, our network of Retail Convenience Stores and Service Stations will remain open at moderately reduced hours. Visit our website or Facebook page for updated information and to find a location near you – www.macewen.ca
MacEwen is committed to the health and safety of everyone. As the situation unfolds rapidly, we will continuously update and revise our policies and procedures. During these challenging times, we urge everyone to follow Health Canada’s guidelines. Stay Safe & Stay Healthy!
MacEwen Petroleum Inc.